A program That gives you better latency

Youtube videos, tutorials, ...
xDerpy_Senpai

Sun May 06, 2018 11:17 am

Guys I was wondering If this minibooster is allowed on here? It doesn't do anything else except for improving latency....
Here it is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLl-jpobJkc
Please Let me Know

LightWayUp

Sun May 06, 2018 7:51 pm

xDerpy_Senpai wrote:
Guys I was wondering If this minibooster is allowed on here? It doesn't do anything else except for improving latency....
Here it is
Please Let me Know
While I can't tell you if it's allowed, I can tell you something : BE CAREFUL!

First, take a look at the "Miniboost" registry file. These .reg files are in fact plain text files, and they are for setting values in Windows' registry system. If data is set incorrectly, or if malicious applications mess with the system, your computer could potentially be rendered inoperable. Always backs up registries before making changes to them.
Miniboost_v13 wrote: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Reliability]

"TimeStampInterval"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\cdrom]

"AutoRun"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\PriorityControl]

"IRQ8Priority"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\ServiceProvider]

"Class"=dword:00000008
"DnsPriority"=dword:00000006
"HostsPriority"=dword:00000005
"LocalPriority"=dword:00000004
"NetbtPriority"=dword:00000007

Code: Select all

By default, Windows writes to this registry about every 5 seconds, to record the current time. This could be helpful when diagnosing events such as unexpected shutdown or power loss, as Windows can provide an approximate time of when the event occurred. By turning this off ( setting its value to 0 ), you lose this handy information and gains - nothing. Your computer wouldn't magically run faster by writing to one less registry, well, at least not noticable even if it does run faster.

This turns off autorun for your CD ROM device. While it's not dangerous, and you probably won't be affected by it because most people nowadays don't even use CDs or DVDs anymore, it's still generally bad if some programs or files randomly touch your autorum settings. In the history, there are incidents where malicious applications turned autorun on, and mounted ISO images to automatically execute harmful programs.

Read the following to understand why changing this gives you mostly - nothing, again. The article is from TechRadar, and I have no intention of helping them advertise. I choose the article because a quick search on Google returned it as a top result, and it seems the most relevant.
techradar wrote: An Interrupt Request (IRQ) is a signal used by devices to grab the attention of your CPU. A common speed-up tweak says you can improve your PCs performance by changing the priority of some of these IRQs, particularly #8, the system clock. And to do this you must point REGEDIT at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SystemCurrentControlSetControlPriorityControl, create a new DWORD value called IRQ8Priority and set it to 1 (for the highest priority).

There are problems with this idea, though.

Like, it doesn't make any sense: there's no reason to believe that somehow boosting the priority of the system clock would help your system speed (and no-one suggesting this ever offers an explanation).

And we couldn't find a single reference to the setting on Microsoft's site.

Still, we couldn't find anything from Microsoft debunking the tip, either, so we decided to try it out for ourselves. We benchmarked a Windows Vista PC using Passmark PerformanceTest, and it scored 756.0.

We applied the IRQ8Priority tweak, rebooted, ran PerformanceTest again and scored: 748.1, fractionally slower. It hadn't really cut our performance, this was within the benchmark's margin of error, but it hadn't improved our system speeds, either. Like so many PC optimisation tweaks, IRQ8Priority turned out to do nothing useful at all.
( Emphasis mine. )

The rest of the registry settings just tweaks network related stuff. I'm not sure if those tweaks would help, but the worst is just gaining nothing. I would suggest just keep these lines instead, if you REALLY want to apply the tweaks. Remember, don't touch them unless you have to, and always backs up before making changes.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

That's about the registry.
As for the MSI installer, it looks safe, with 1/60 malicious activity detection rate on VirusTotal ( the 1 detection is most likely a false positive ). Extracting the content reveals nothing useful. Still, always be careful when executing program installers ( which could have a file extension of exe, for custom installers and click-to-runs, or msi, for Windows Installer ) obtained randomly from the internet, especially the ones without proper certificates.
New Lobby Teaser :

Hide And Seek Trailer :
youtu.be/oMx50rka_-o

Interested in open source projects? Find me on GitHub!

xDerpy_Senpai

Mon May 07, 2018 11:53 am

LightWayUp wrote:
xDerpy_Senpai wrote:
Here it is
Please Let me Know

First, take a look at the "Miniboost" registry file. These .reg files are in fact plain text files, and they are for setting values in Windows' registry system. If data is set incorrectly, or if malicious applications mess with the system, your computer could potentially be rendered inoperable. Always backs up registries before making changes to them.

By default, Windows writes to this registry about every 5 seconds, to record the current time. This could be helpful when diagnosing events such as unexpected shutdown or power loss, as Windows can provide an approximate time of when the event occurred. By turning this off ( setting its value to 0 ), you lose this handy information and gains - nothing. Your computer wouldn't magically run faster by writing to one less registry, well, at least not noticable even if it does run faster.

This turns off autorun for your CD ROM device. While it's not dangerous, and you probably won't be affected by it because most people nowadays don't even use CDs or DVDs anymore, it's still generally bad if some programs or files randomly touch your autorum settings. In the history, there are incidents where malicious applications turned autorun on, and mounted ISO images to automatically execute harmful programs.

Read the following to understand why changing this gives you mostly - nothing, again. The article is from TechRadar, and I have no intention of helping them advertise. I choose the article because a quick search on Google returned it as a top result, and it seems the most relevant.
techradar wrote: An Interrupt Request (IRQ) is a signal used by devices to grab the attention of your CPU. A common speed-up tweak says you can improve your PCs performance by changing the priority of some of these IRQs, particularly #8, the system clock. And to do this you must point REGEDIT at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SystemCurrentControlSetControlPriorityControl, create a new DWORD value called IRQ8Priority and set it to 1 (for the highest priority).

Like, it doesn't make any sense: there's no reason to believe that somehow boosting the priority of the system clock would help your system speed (and no-one suggesting this ever offers an explanation).

Still, we couldn't find anything from Microsoft debunking the tip, either, so we decided to try it out for ourselves. We benchmarked a Windows Vista PC using Passmark PerformanceTest, and it scored 756.0.

We applied the IRQ8Priority tweak, rebooted, ran PerformanceTest again and scored: 748.1, fractionally slower. It hadn't really cut our performance, this was within the benchmark's margin of error, but it hadn't improved our system speeds, either. Like so many PC optimisation tweaks, IRQ8Priority turned out to do nothing useful at all.
( Emphasis mine. )

The rest of the registry settings just tweaks network related stuff. I'm not sure if those tweaks would help, but the worst is just gaining nothing. I would suggest just keep these lines instead, if you REALLY want to apply the tweaks. Remember, don't touch them unless you have to, and always backs up before making changes.

As for the MSI installer, it looks safe, with 1/60 malicious activity detection rate on VirusTotal ( the 1 detection is most likely a false positive ). Extracting the content reveals nothing useful. Still, always be careful when executing program installers ( which could have a file extension of exe, for custom installers and click-to-runs, or msi, for Windows Installer ) obtained randomly from the internet, especially the ones without proper certificates.
Dude tysm for taking a long look into it....
My friend suggested it to me he told me that it really helps in pvp and stuff
is it like safe enough so i can use it?

LightWayUp

Mon May 07, 2018 7:11 pm

xDerpy_Senpai wrote:
I believe it's safe to use, although I doubt it'll make a noticable difference in latency reduction. Also because the program ( not the registry tweak ) is compiled, no one can really peak into what it's doing behind the scene. I would say you can try it, but always be careful when using these not well-known tools obtained from unknown sources.

I've never installed the program myself, so I can't say if it's allowed on ExtremeCraft. However, if it doesn't give you "unfair advantages" or make modifications to Minecraft itself, you should be fine using it on the server.
New Lobby Teaser :

Hide And Seek Trailer :
youtu.be/oMx50rka_-o

Interested in open source projects? Find me on GitHub!

xDerpy_Senpai

Tue May 08, 2018 7:54 pm

LightWayUp wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 7:11 pm
xDerpy_Senpai wrote:
I believe it's safe to use, although I doubt it'll make a noticable difference in latency reduction. Also because the program ( not the registry tweak ) is compiled, no one can really peak into what it's doing behind the scene. I would say you can try it, but always be careful when using these not well-known tools obtained from unknown sources.

I've never installed the program myself, so I can't say if it's allowed on ExtremeCraft. However, if it doesn't give you "unfair advantages" or make modifications to Minecraft itself, you should be fine using it on the server.
Thank You for your help :+1: Ill try it <3

Shalom6242

Fri May 18, 2018 5:04 am

LightWayUp wrote:
xDerpy_Senpai wrote:
Here it is
Please Let me Know

( Emphasis mine. )

:OOO
That moment when your banned from Extreme Craft and don't know what to do with your life
:( :( :(

• Information