We reworked almost from scratch one of the oldest projects we have, our beloved Discord bot
Among several bug fixes, and brand new bugs introduced, we also added a couple of extra features.
Also all your stats are gone so deal with it.
The bot will now automatically detect when someone guesses the number in #guess-the-number chat and the reward will be handed out way quicker.
This is also true for the #meme submissions, the monthly winners will be announced as soon as the month ends.
After countless requests Nitro Boosters will now receive the [NitroBooster] title in game as long as they keep boosting, as soon as the boost runs out they'll lose the title as well.
Better rank comparison
Our rank comparison
page has improved and looks a bit cleaner with tabs.
It also includes a tab dedicated to Discord
and what you get from each rank and from Nitro Boosting
As side unrelated note we also improved the readability of the light theme for the website.
There were a lot of changes, here are the ones that affect players directly:
- Added VoteParty notifications, whenever a voteparty is about to start in a server you can get notified
- Usernames work as mentions in commands. You won't have to bother tagging people when issuing a command, for example /spank holliedce will work just fine
- New #numbersgame similar to our #wordsgame it works with number sequences
- Replaced unfunny /yomomma with generic /joke. Jokes are a little bit more funny now.
- Commands like /avatar and /stats don't require you to tag yourself anymore in order to get your own data
- /stats top will now have 3 leaderboards: chats, mentions and commands
- At 60 offences you get banned
- /remindme now supports removing reminders
- /relations now has more subcommands to manage your relations
- You can use /offe to see your own offences
- Banned/unverified members can't talk anymore in #nitroboosters bypassing the bans
- Fixed #role channel, you can now react to receive roles again
- More consistent permissions such as Nexus can now post images anywhere and not just in specific chats
- Added a couple extra rp commands
- /trends is now slightly less spammy
- Long /me messages will go in new line instead of becoming unreadably small
- /calc is now more accurate
- Bot answers were refreshed and changed almost entirely
The amount of changes is way longer than this but sadly for you they were more aimed to ease the Discord/Bot management for us and to update a now outdated codebase, the bot was made way back in 2016 and along the years Discord changed a lot.
There may still be bugs, if you happen to find one please report it here: https://www.extremecraft.net/tickets/new/5/
That's about it, we're now done with major changes regarding Discord and we will now focus on improving our servers, mainly minigames, and releasing new stuff and resetting stuff