Let's talk about the economy... Shall we?

SkyBlock is one of the most popular gamemodes ever created. The concept behind the map is very simple; you spawn on a floating island and must survive and complete challenges with the resources available to you.

Moderators: HeadAdmin, Owner

Cetho

Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:16 pm

Alright so here is the point: Spawners and spawn eggs are becoming more and more expensive in course of few days which is making this server unplayable.
Why? So here is my description of how this happened, after the reset spawners were cheap as it is expected in a young server but because they were exclusive to some players (more on that later), those who could get a hold of them in a more 'consistent' rate got the luxury of deciding the prices and they did direct them in some predictable way (hint 1: they made them unbelievably expensive).
So why did this happen in the first place? Well let us go through all the way in which someone could get a hold of a spawner (hint 2: there aren't many of them),
1. You buy a legendary or spawner ket through /buy
2. You make use of /vote to get keys and experiment with your luck to win a spawner (hint 3: It's very unlikely that you get one)
3. See above, error 404, ways to get spawners not found.
And just to make myself clear I'm excluding the /ah because it's not a way in which one can 'produce' spawners, you're just buying them off someone who produced them.
If you're willing to use the way #1 then go ahead but I'm gonna mark you as a pay2win person, but if you're willing to go ahead and use #2 then you are rich enough to casually buy stacks of keys from people who vote, and by what we said earlier you earned your money by being a pay2win, so you are a pay2win if you get spawners from vote keys.
Conclusion: You can only get spawners on Skyblock if you are a pay2win, and if you chose to do that, you become able to move the prices around, and because there are aren't many of your kind, you fire the prices up against the roof because why not.
Solution: I suggest adding spawners to /shop again like last season, that way people can buy spawners for a fixed price, not too affordable anyone can buy them and not too expensive it becomes a rip off (just like those silly tags attached to spawn eggs in /shop, but that's another story) just about 2mil if you ask me.
This is a serious issue and many others feel the same, at least those who don't pay2win. As the /rules phrase it, it "ruins the fun for players," as far as I'm concerned, it would be pure hypocrisy and value of profit over your players not to address this issue.
I took the time to write this clearly so that I don't get any silly replies.
If you think I'm way over my head, please correct me.
Have a nice time on the Extremecraft server everyone! Oh wait... :rolling_eyes:

DerBernhardi

Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:50 pm

100% agreed, I started to play again on this server 2 days ago, right now I'm at 500k Cash which took me actually some time to get with reselling and stuff and it's actually unbelieveable that the cheapest spawner I can buy is for 4m.. that is basically inflation level if you ask me, so I'd love to have spawners added to /shop as well.

Tomno_09

Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:21 pm

(sorry for my bad english) I am the top 2 of skyblock, I started playing this season somewhere around april, the prices when i started where 350k for gold and 1.5m for spawner, now 500k for gold and 4m for spawner.

The main reason for the prices of all things to go up is very very simple, as the time goes on people have more grinders this makes them have more money if all the people have more money then the price of the things goes up, and the demand on spawners and gold is always higher than the supply. This is 1 of the reasons of why skyblock resets every year.

FractalCharm selling spawners in /shop for 2 million wont solve any problem the economy will be still be messed up but the only difference is that now you have spawners.

And yes this might be a pay2win but if you win they pay you

prozteach

Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:00 am

FractalCharm spawner have so high price cuz its hard to get them. I open 64 key many time and get 0 spawner...most of my spawners i buy them or trade from other game mod.
In opsky y have 0,33% chance to get spawner in normal sky y have 0,08 % in survival i think its worst under 0,08%.Some player buy keys 70k and sell them 90k (i will never buy vote key 70k or 90k cuz its vote key its lost time)...64 key x 90k=5m+ only rich player will buy and if they get spawner they will not sell them cuz they need to make bigger farm...the only way to solve this problem its admin make higher chance to get spawner from vote crates. Also its good have teamades example 4 teamade =16 (if they all just member rank) key with some trade key 25 key and if y sell them 70k they get 1,5m+ or open them and good luck...but its risk to invite someone who dont know...so care who invite.
Tomno_09 gold price go higher cuz many players care for /is top cuz they think the end and the coupon they get...
Rich player like y and me if we open 10 keys and get 2 spawner we dont sell we keep them for farms small player will sell at least 1 to make some money and buy egg or other kind of spawner...Spawner price will go lower when admin change chances to get spawner from vote crate or when rich player dont have space for more spawners and they start selling

FoosTurtle

Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:20 am

You are literally asking to get "afk money" back into the shop
Nice gameplay you got there, afking 24/7 on spawners to get money
Then buy blocks to get higher island lvls
Repeat.

Boring when every player owns 50 spawners after less than a month of playing on a server

p2w? Yes and no. There are vote keys to get spawners but you only have to be lucky

Alian713

Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:11 pm

I agree to the fact that spawner and spawnegg prices are too inflated and beginners actually wont be able to get spawners as the prices are too high. I remember playing skyblock last season and it was way more fun, you could get spawners for 1.5M from players themselves. It is true that you have to be p2w to have an excess amount of spawners but in other servers (in EC only) the change is gradual... there is not much difference in a p2w and a reg player but in skyblock it is a huge spike. I wont take names but i know 2 such p2w people who bought 30 legendary keys **ON** the day of the reset. The economy being so inflated is not just something we can accept and say that "ok its fine..." tbh I dont even care about it because I'm one of those higher upper player who is lucky enough to make enough money to purchase spawners even with the inflated prices but think about those beginners out there... I dont think any beginner (except p2w) will be able to get spawners or rather make money quickly enough to overtake the inflation and have a growing island or steady income... theyll just give up and quit it will reduce the popularity of the server or change the server to one where eco is not so broken all together.
some possible solutions are :

1. now adding spawners to /shop will indeed be too broken agreed but u can increase the chances of getting spawners from crates that will help the supply and demand issue and hence the inflation there is, **mark**, 1/70 chance of getting a spawner from crates and heres is the math for it:

MATH ALERT... (altho it is very basic math skip to bottom if u dont want to see it)

0.08% chance of getting a spawner as stated by the crate right?

since u can get 18 different types of spawners there is a 18*0.08% = 1.44% chance of getting any random spawner from a crate

now a percent is represented as a fraction by dividing by 100% so there is 1.44/100 chance of getting a spawner
now to present it in whole number terms multiply both the numerator and denominator by 100 = 144/10000 (there is no change in the actual number)

--------->
**RESUTL**

now simplify and u get 1/70 (exactly 1/69.44) chance of getting a random spawner from a crate which means someone will have to open 70 keys to get one spawner (that is an expected value like if you roll a dice, u expect to get one 6 in six rolls as there is a 1/6 chance)

so most players just opt to sell their keys instead of using them and those rich players who can afford to buy them end up with stacks upon stacks of them and hence have all the (most) spawners in the game

2. set some limits to how much legendary/spawner keys someone can buy in one day (like 1-2 per day only) now i understand this is not in the benifit of EC but it is worth doing.

3. introduce new ways for non p2w players to get spawners and money.

4. increasing the selling prices for farmable items in the shop (bring them at par with the cost price maybe? or atleast 1/2 or 1/4... as it stands its much worse than the cp).... then maybe players might spend the time actually building huge farms rather than grinders being main focos for everone.

JokerQF

Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:45 pm

I agree its to expensive

TheKillerNL

Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:19 am

Alian713 wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:11 pm
I agree to the fact that spawner and spawnegg prices are too inflated and beginners actually wont be able to get spawners as the prices are too high. I remember playing skyblock last season and it was way more fun, you could get spawners for 1.5M from players themselves. It is true that you have to be p2w to have an excess amount of spawners but in other servers (in EC only) the change is gradual... there is not much difference in a p2w and a reg player but in skyblock it is a huge spike. I wont take names but i know 2 such p2w people who bought 30 legendary keys **ON** the day of the reset. The economy being so inflated is not just something we can accept and say that "ok its fine..." tbh I dont even care about it because I'm one of those higher upper player who is lucky enough to make enough money to purchase spawners even with the inflated prices but think about those beginners out there... I dont think any beginner (except p2w) will be able to get spawners or rather make money quickly enough to overtake the inflation and have a growing island or steady income... theyll just give up and quit it will reduce the popularity of the server or change the server to one where eco is not so broken all together.
some possible solutions are :

1. now adding spawners to /shop will indeed be too broken agreed but u can increase the chances of getting spawners from crates that will help the supply and demand issue and hence the inflation there is, **mark**, 1/70 chance of getting a spawner from crates and heres is the math for it:

MATH ALERT... (altho it is very basic math skip to bottom if u dont want to see it)

0.08% chance of getting a spawner as stated by the crate right?

since u can get 18 different types of spawners there is a 18*0.08% = 1.44% chance of getting any random spawner from a crate

now a percent is represented as a fraction by dividing by 100% so there is 1.44/100 chance of getting a spawner
now to present it in whole number terms multiply both the numerator and denominator by 100 = 144/10000 (there is no change in the actual number)

--------->
**RESUTL**

now simplify and u get 1/70 (exactly 1/69.44) chance of getting a random spawner from a crate which means someone will have to open 70 keys to get one spawner (that is an expected value like if you roll a dice, u expect to get one 6 in six rolls as there is a 1/6 chance)

so most players just opt to sell their keys instead of using them and those rich players who can afford to buy them end up with stacks upon stacks of them and hence have all the (most) spawners in the game

2. set some limits to how much legendary/spawner keys someone can buy in one day (like 1-2 per day only) now i understand this is not in the benifit of EC but it is worth doing.

3. introduce new ways for non p2w players to get spawners and money.

4. increasing the selling prices for farmable items in the shop (bring them at par with the cost price maybe? or atleast 1/2 or 1/4... as it stands its much worse than the cp).... then maybe players might spend the time actually building huge farms rather than grinders being main focos for everone.
You like maths dont ya xD.
I am proud that someone on EC does something with his life.

mandown31200

Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:38 pm

At least when I was not banned, there were many ways to make money besides spawners. This includes but is not limited to cactus, sugarcane, ect. What I would suggest is going through the shop, seeing what sells well, and figuring out ways to produce these good selling items. good luck!

Shalom6242

Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:03 am

Anyone miss the time where spawners were below a mil? Only zpm, and ig were above a mil

• Information